Saturday, October 11, 2008

Newborn Baby

Just a quick post about my last quick creation: a baby blanket for a Newborn. It came ways too early and only weighted ONE tiny kilo! The proud father happens to be a friend of ours and when I heard the baby had already come, I wanted to be really quick and give him a little something for his son. I started off with the fish fabric I was given for Xmas. When I received it, I really didn't know what I was going to do with it, because the colours are so bright, but now I love the way it turned out. Oh, and by the way: although I really was in a hurry, I just HAD to handquilt around the Fishblocks :-)

Nur ein kurzes Post über meine letzte geschwinde Kreation: ein Babydeckchen für ein Neugeborenes. Es kam weit vor seiner Zeit und wog bei der Geburt nur EIN einziges Kilo! Der stolze Vater ist ein Bekannter von uns und als ich hörte, dass das Baby schon da war, wollte ich schnell etwas kleines für seinen Sohn nähen. Ich begann mit dem Fischstoff, der ein Weihnachtsgeschenk war. Als ich ihn erhielt, wusste ich zuerst gar nicht, was ich damit anfangen sollte, weil er so bunt ist. Aber ich finde, so kommt der Stoff wirklich toll zur Geltung. Ach übrigens, obwohl ich ziemlich in Eile war, MUSSTE ich einfach um die Fischblöcke herum handquilten :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment