Friday, June 6, 2008

Taking Chilicat to the Vet

So Chilicat had been not so good lately, which in her case meant that she wouldn't eat ALL of her food up. On the third day of almost not eating, I was concerned enough to make an appointment for her at the Vet the next day. Since she was still drinking lots of water, I didn't feel it was an emergency or such.
So I went to the Veterinary, made sure I got there EXACTLY on time so that she wouldn't have to wait too long in the waiting room. But my plan didn't work out as I had planned it: we had to wait for 20minutes. So Chilicat was whining and begging me to return home where everything was nice and cosy. But we had to wait.
Then it was finally our turn. The vet had a good look at her, listening to my concerns about her. Then said, she probably was having a sore throat and therefore he gave her a shot. I have to say that Chili is a good cat. She never bites or scratches at the vet's. She was a real brave girl and I was proud of her.
So after paying good money for some medicine I would be to give to her for 5 more days (!!!) I brought her back home.

When I let my poor little patient out of her carry bag, she'd just JUMP out of it and throw herself... RIGHT! onto her food and EAT!!! Isn't that just so typical?!

Chilikatze ging es letzthin nicht so gut, was bei ihr bedeutete, dass sie ihren Fressnapf nicht sofort gierig leeren würde.
Am dritten Tag, an dem sie fast nichts gegessen hatte, war ich genügend in Sorge um sie, einen Termin beim Tierarzt zu vereinbaren. Als Notfall allerdings habe ich die Situation nicht eingeschätzt, weil sie immer artig trank. Also ging ich zum Tierarzt mit grosser Sorgfalt, Punktpünktlich zu sein, um ihr die Wartezeit im Warteraum zu ersparen. Dieser Plan leider ging nicht auf. Wir mussten 20 Minuten lang warten und Chilikatze heulte und bettelte darum, wieder nach Hause gebracht zu werden, wo es schön und heimelig ist.
Schliesslich kamen wir an die Reihe und der Tierarzt untersuchte sie und hörte sich meinen Bericht an. Dann meinte er, sie habe eventuell Halsschmerzen und gab ihr eine Spritze. Dazu muss ich sagen, dass Chilikatze eine wirklich liebe und brave Katze ist. Kein Fauchen, Kratzen oder beissen beim Tierartz. Ich war richtig stolz auf sie. Und, nachdem ich eine gute Stange Geld bezahlt hatte, brachte ich sie nach Hause.
Angekommen, liess ich meine arme kleine Patientin, im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes, aus dem Sack und sie SPRANG heraus und stürzte sich... GENAU! auf ihren Futternapf und FRASS gierig! Ist das nicht typisch?!

No comments:

Post a Comment