Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Another Baby Quilt

So here's this baby quilt I've made for my best friends nice/nephew to come. Her sister, the mother, knows the gender of the baby but won't tell. Hence the green and equal use of red and blue in my quilt. The birthdate her sister has been given is 11.11.11 so we'll see if that will be it. But, for any case the quilt is finished. I machine appliqued and handquilted it. The design is a combination of 3 different patterns i found in the internet and then changed them to my gusto. As soon as the baby's born, I shall make a little patch for the back with the baby's name and the aunt's name and then my best friend will have to handstitch it because I will be sending it to her by mail. The quilt is already in her possession and we had a very nice dinner with lots of delicious wine at her house to celebrate it. She has the quilt lying on her bed everyday and she is very happy with the result. Me, too :-)
in progress
after pinning

No comments:

Post a Comment